Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lewd Commercials Considered Necessary?

When I think of Burger King, I think of a restaurant that is focused on children and family. Well, that is what I thought until I saw the commercial on the SciFi channel where a ballerina puts her hands down a man's (front) pant pockets. Talk about lewd and suggestive in the way it was done! I nearly fell backwards out of the room.



I looked up Burger King's site with the intent of sending them an email regarding this commercial. (A commercial that runs during times that children and teens may very well be viewing television.) They don't accept emails. Surprise! Surprise!



While on BK's site, I read their corporate policies regarding unsolicited marketing ideas. It stated in part, "We appreciate your interest in presenting us ideas, but our staff already extends much effort toward the development and implementation of new services, products, techniques, and equipment." I wonder if this, "we don't want to hear your ideas" applies to reactions to commercials as well? Irregardless of what they want, I do, for one, intend to contact them and let them know what I think about the commercial and it's vulgar suggestiveness.



Burger King doesn't have to listen to my opinion regarding their lewd commercial, but neither do I have to spend a dime there and I won't be!


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics