Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Romney's Wife Donated to Planned Parenthood

Former governor Mitt Romney's wife, Ann, gave a $150 donation to the abortion-rights group Planned Parenthood in 1994, at a time that Romney considered himself to be effectively "pro-choice," the Romney campaign confirmed today.

"When I ran for office, I said I'd protect the law as it was, which is effectively a pro-choice position," Romney said last week at a Republican presidential debate. "About two years ago, when we were studying cloning in our state, I said, 'Look, we have gone too far.' It's a brave new world mentality that Roe v. Wade has given us, and I changed my mind."

I don't think I'd hold it against a candidate if their spouse supported PP, as long as the candidate was solidly committed to a pro-life position.

Also, it should be noted that his wife's donation came at a time when he, too, was pro-abortion. But, thankfully, he changed his mind as many people do.

I used to be pro-abortion myself...until I decided to take a serious look at the issue instead of accepting a spoon-feeding from the pro-abortion media.


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics