Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Jerry Falwell: In Good Company


Rev. Jerry Falwell, who died today at the age of 73, is in good company now...in more ways than one.

In addition to being at home with his Savior, he's being reviled in his death...just as his Savior was.

From WorldNetDaily:

"Good riddens!!! (sic)" wrote joe on joemygod blog. Richard Weaver added his thoughts: "What a great way to move into the season of gay pride!!!!"

"No wonder everyone is so happy and shiny faced today. I think we all should have lots of premarital (or in some other way offensive to him) sex to celebrate. Yes, I see no ill in celebrating the death of a man who has caused so much pain and suffering to others," added Copperred on the same site.

On Wonkette, a leading liberal website, was this: "At a time like this, people deserve sympathy and good wishes --- except for Falwell, who is an evil ----."

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. John 15:18-21


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://jesusneedsnewpr.blogspot.com/2007/05/death-of-jerry-falwell.html

Tuesday, May 15, 2007
THE DEATH OF JERRY FALWELL

Jerry Falwell is dead.

It's no secret that I wasn't a fan of Jerry Falwell's rigid Christianity and politics; however, I do respect the man's vivid passion to find God and his desire to help others do the same. May that be the narrative he is remembered for.

My prayers go out to his family, Liberty University students and every person who called him pastor and friend.

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics