Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Thursday, January 03, 2008

What Kind of Role Model Are You?

From yesterdays's devotional in Men of Integrity:

Key Bible Verse: But you must be careful with this freedom of yours. Do not cause a brother or sister with a weaker conscience to stumble (1 Corinthians 8:9). Bonus Reading: Titus 2:6-8

When I was in high school, the mother of one of the girls in our church youth group stopped me after the evening service and said, "My daughter went to the movies the other night and was horrified at the terrible language in the film. She had never heard such language in her life."

I couldn't figure out why she was telling me about her daughter's experience unless it was because she considered me to be such a spiritual giant in our group. So I took the bait and asked, "If the movie was so bad, why did your daughter go?" Once the mom had me hooked, she replied, "Well, a week earlier she was driving past the theater and saw you and your date waiting in line to see the film. She reasoned to herself, If this movie is okay for Robert Jeffress, then it must be okay for me." I quickly looked for the nearest pew to crawl under.

None of us lives in a vacuum. The choices we make have a profound impact on others and therefore on the kingdom of God. They either encourage others to be fully devoted followers of Christ or discourage them. Realizing that provides most of the guidance we need when considering the gray areas of behavior.

—Robert Jeffress in Grace Gone Wild!

Man, I hate it when people catch me doing something wrong! (For them and for me)


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics