Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Friday, December 14, 2007

A Father's Opportunity

I read the Men of Integrity daily devotional from Promise Keepers (not because I am one, but because I want to be one). This week's theme has been "Honoring less-than-perfect parents."

I didn't have the bad parents that some of the people in this week's devotional illustrations had, but like probably everyone, there are things I wish I'd seen from my parents that I didn't. And I'm sure that despite my efforts, my children will feel the same way.

But the "Thought to Apply" from today's devotion touched my heart, and was an inspiration to work harder as a father:

"Our children give us the opportunity to become the parents we always wished we'd had." - Louise Hart (author)

Lord, help me to live up to that opportunity.


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics