Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Sunday, September 09, 2007

TV Family Hour Unfit for Children...or Anyone


From the Christian Post:

Once every 3.5 minutes of non-commercial airtime, the first hour of prime time is "assaulted" by violence, profanity and sexual content, said the Parents Television Council (PTC) in their study. During the 2006-2007 study period, almost 90 percent of the 208 television shows reviewed contained objectionable content.

Go read the whole article for specifics. There aren't many things I watch on prime-time TV anymore...and fewer still I'll let the kids be exposed to.

Remember the frog in the boiling pot analogy? I recall when I lived overseas for three years without coming back to the States in the late 1980s. When I got back here, I was struck by all the foul language and innuendo on prime-time TV. A lot more was being said and done than when I left in 1987.

No wonder our children are so poorly behaved, and no wonder they're so confused about life.


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics