Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Duncan Hunter Throws in the Towel

It's official: Duncan Hunter has ended his campaign for the GOP presidential nomination.

How sad that while the true liberals of the Democrat Party get plenty of press, the true conservatives of the Republican Party (the few that there are) get ignored. And even sadder that so many people are willing to quietly accept the pablum they're fed.

Hopefully Hunter will be back in future elections. He has one of the most solid records of patriotic conservatism in congress. He has a lot to offer this country, and I'm sure he'll continue to do so whether it's from congress or the White House.

So at this point I shift my support to the candidacy of Fred Thompson. He's the next most conservative of the bunch. His record is still pretty reliably conservative, and he's getting more of that "fire in the belly" that's been lacking.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to see if the new president will pull support from Isreal.

Bruce -

Bob Ellis said...

Yes it will, but I hope not.

I don't know this with a great degree of certainty, but from what I've seen, I think Ron Paul is the only one that would be likely to do that.

I still believe the Jewish people and Israel are the chosen people of God, and if I'm right in that, I would much rather be on the side of God's chosen people than leaving them on their own against their bloodthirsty enemies in the Middle East.

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics