Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Vulgar Culture

Dennis Prager's column at TownHall.com today is about some of the utter vulgarity from the Left. For example, Prager talks about a bumper sticker he's seen frequently these days which says "Buck Fush."

It so happens that on Saturday as I was taking my daughter to ju-jitsu lessons, we were on a 4-lane highway and as a truck in the left lane passed us, my daughter looked over at the message it had on the rear window and asked me what "that word in the middle" of the message meant. I won't repeat it here, but it has four letters and starts with an F.

So, as a father I had the supremely noble honor of being asked by my nine year old daughter what the F-word was. I suppose in the gutter culture we live in today, I should be thankful that she's 9 and still doesn't know the word (you can bet she would if she went to public school).

I just told her it was a very bad word that very stupid people use. She seemed surprised that someone would put such a bad word on their truck. I also told her how when I was young, some people might have used that word in their speech, there was still enough sense of propriety that people wouldn't paste it across their rear window. So, unpleasant as it was, I hopefully turned it into an opportunity to teach her right from wrong...and a lesson on a culture that once honored God and was blessed for it, and has degraded to this kind of behavior.

But it's a lesson I shouldn't have had to teach, if people had any sense of decency anymore.

A civilization sinking to such a level of vulgarity isn't likely to remain a cohesive civilization for much longer.


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics