Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Complaints With Coverage of Dykstra Town Hall in Aberdeen

GUEST COLUMN

By Aaron Lorenzen
NSU College Republicans Chair


On October 13th 2008, the NSU College Republicans hosted a Town Hall Meeting with Joel Dykstra. The event went very well, the room was crowded, tough questions were asked of the US Senate Candidate. Being the College Republicans Chair, my group and I had put a substantial amount of effort into the success of this event. I was really happy afterwards with the way it went.

To make the event even better, Kelo-Land news was going to cover it. I believed this would be a great time for the College Republicans to take pride in the event they had hosted.

I was disillusioned of this thought however after I watched the story on the nightly news. The portrayal was nothing like how the event took place, and to make matters worse, the young gentleman they interviewed was, to my recollection, not present in the room at any time. In my opinion that is comparable to interviewing someone outside the football stadium the Super Bowl is being held at and asking he or she about what he or she thinks of the game.

I felt as if the facts and the correct story of the Town Hall Meeting was not shown and mislead to the viewers who wouldnʼt have known any different.

The College Republicans of NSU worked very hard to put this Town Hall Meeting on, and I feel the true message of the Meeting was not stated and the efforts of the College Republicans was significantly ignored.


The story is about 1/4 way through this nightly newscast video.


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics