Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Saturday, February 16, 2008

No Honor in Berkeley



I’m still pretty ticked about that Berkeley City Council and Marine Recruiting Station story. Yeah, the Council backed off a little, but did they? Really? You can judge, but one thing for certain Max Anderson hasn’t publicly repudiated or amended his previous comments calling Marines the “President’s own gangsters” and “trained only to kill.” Anderson claims to have once been a Marine but was booted from the Corps and holds nothing but contempt for them since.

This video from The People’s Cube is my answer to the Berkeley City Council and especially Mr. Anderson, who apparently never learned the meaning of Semper Fidelis.


2 comments:

Bob Ellis said...

I was in one of the rare job areas in the Air Force that trains for ground combat and has a wartime ground combat role. Some of my training was alongside Marines, and my personal defense training partner was a female Marine.

Marines are some of the toughest, most disciplined, most dedicated warriors on the face of this planet.

I'm too much of a wuss to have wanted to be a Marine, but I thanked God for them then, and I still thank Him for them today.

From a veteran blue suiter, God bless the U.S. Marines!

Anonymous said...

Berkeley's action against the Marines was generalized hatred for America and all our services. The Marine Recruiting station was convenient, and the Marines are widely regarded as the elite warriors--all the more to hate. My father and my son are Marines, I and my brother were "dog faces" (and proud of it!), my sister a "blue suiter." Everyone that serves their country deserves respect and gratitude. The military is a big organization with a huge job. All that participate make it work and serve their country honorably and no loser like Max Anderson has a moral right to attack and demean them. I fear that one day he, and those like him, will find out how important our military is to our freedom and security.

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics