The Politically Correct (PC) Police in Great Britain are once again trampling freedom in order to coddle and pander to homosexuals.
BELFAST, December 9, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The British Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has issued a decree banning an advertising campaign by a Presbyterian church entitled "The Word of God against Sodomy," which communicates the Bible's condemnation of homosexual behavior.
The campaign, run by Sandown Free Presbyterian Church, featured an advertisement that denounced offensive behavior in last year's "gay pride" march in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
According to the church, marchers carried signs insulting Christ and exposed their genitals to those protesting the march that year.
The advertisement, which ran in the Belfast Newsletter newspaper earlier this year, pointed out this behavior, and said that sodomy is an "abomination" and "God's judgment upon a sin." It also opined that it is "a cause for regret that a section of the community desires to be known for a perverted form of sexuality."
The British Advertising Standards Authority ruled that it had "caused serious offence to some readers" and should not be published again in its current form.
I know that laws and freedoms are much different in Great Britain (I lived there for three years), but I never realized British citizens enjoyed a right of "freedom from offence."
Well, actually that's not right, either. Apparently it's okay to offend Christians, but not okay to offend homosexuals. Apparently Britain has a right of "freedom from offense from Christians."
Religious freedom has been under attack for some time now, both abroad and in the United States. It has gotten very bad in the Britain and Canada...and as you may know, liberals in the United States always look adoringly at decadent European nations as the model of "how America ought to be."
Here in the land of the formerly-free, Colorado passed a law earlier this year which outlaws "publishing of discriminative matter." So, according to Colorado law, homosexual men can enter a woman's restroom or locker room if they "feel like a woman," but religious organizations aren't allowed to print any books, tracts, pamphlets, or other materials that might make homosexuals feel bad.
There have been several other incidents like this where pro-homosexual political correctness has stepped on freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of association:
- Catholic Charities in Boston was forced out of the adoption ministry because they refused to put children in homes of homosexual couples.
- Boston school teachers have been threatened with termination if they fail to cast homosexuality in a positive light to students.
- The University of Toledo fired a black administrator for writing a "letter to the editor" of a local newspaper about the inconsistency of comparing homosexuality to ethnicity.
- Christians in Philadelphia were arrested for reading Bible verses and praying out loud during a homosexual festival.
- Philadelphia has also decided to stick it to the Boy Scouts (who don't allow homosexuals in leadership positions of their loyal-to-God organization), charging them $200,000 a year rent to use facilities that other charities use for free.
Freedom is on the way out the door to make room for immorality, Americans, and only you the people can stop it.