Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

On the Sidelines No More

VoteYesForLife.com published an email today from someone who regrets their disengaged attitude during the election:

Dear Respecter of Life,

I was one of those who were dreadfully naive about the vote last month on measure 11. I assumed it would pass and was shocked when it didn’t.

My personal reasons and excuses for not becoming aware of the battle on behalf of the unborn and not doing all I could to educate people along with Yes For Life…well, those reasons and excuses meant nothing when the measure was voted down.

I have mourned the ignorance of our state, and I’m ready to help in whatever ways I can. Would you please add me to your email list for notifications and opportunities to volunteer?

May you be blessed in this season of celebrating the most unplanned of all pregnancies - Jesus Christ.

It takes a big person to admit when they've been wrong, so I appreciate this statement from this person, regrettable as the outcome is.

I hope that many more good people will (a) recognize their own inaction, (b) the cost and the damage of that inaction, and (c) resolve not to stand on the sidelines anymore.

I believe it was Edmund Burke who said:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics