Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Friday, July 13, 2007

Would you buy a used car from a journalist?


Today's "mainstream" journalists have reached the level of used car salesmen, in a manner of speaking.

From the Media Research Center:

Thursday's edition of Good Morning America featured a Diane Sawyer anecdote that revealed the low opinion Americans have of journalists. After wrapping up a 7:30am segment on people who avoid jury duty, the ABC co-host laughingly recounted the "hurtful" experience she had in a courtroom: "You know, I wanted to sit on a jury once and I was taken off the jury. And the judge said to me, 'Can, you know, can you tell the truth and be fair?' And I said, 'That's what journalists do.' And everybody in the courtroom laughed. It was the most hurtful moment I think I've ever had."

That illustration should tell Diane Sawyer--and other journalists--something. And you don't fix a problem by repeatedly pretending it doesn't exist.


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics