Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What's Up with Dick Armey

Fox News features an op/ed by Dr. James Dobson regarding some criticisms made by the former Republican House Majority Leader, Dick Armey.

In a piece on Armey's site, he takes Dobson to task for some things which Dobson disputes (at one point he refers to Dobson as a "bully").

Before I go any further, let me state for the record that I have been ad admirer of Dick Armey since back before the Republican Revolution of 1994. But when I read something a few weeks ago about this growing discontent of Armey's with the so-called Religious Right, my response was "huh?"

While Dobson's response is fairly lengthy, and he makes some guesses as to what's behind Armey's bone of contention, I just don't know. They may answer some of the "why's" but don't go all the way back to whatever the source is for me.

I've always considered Armey a man of principle, and someone who was a genuine conservative and a well-grounded Christian. But if he's working for the ACLU--that doesn't speak well for Armey AT ALL.

Anyone who's been exposed to Dobson more than just in passing realizes that a charge that he's a "bully" is laughable.

While I once would have had only positive things to say about Armey, now I'd have to recommend: keep a wary eye on him.


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics