Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fireproof was Great


My wife and I just returned from seeing the movie Fireproof. It was very good!

In case you haven't heard about it, the movie stars Kirk Cameron as a firefighter who's doing well at work, but his marriage is falling apart at home.

This movie was made by the same group of church folks that made the hit movie Facing the Giants a couple of years ago.

If you haven't got out to see it yet, you should. You can check the website to find out where it's playing near you.

I read somewhere earlier today that so far this weekend Fireproof is the #3 movie in the country. Go out and see it, and show Hollywood that good, positive family-friendly entertainment is not only better for us than so much of the rot-gut they put out, but that it makes good financial sense as well.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not seen it yet. I will probably go next week.

I just checked out the trailer at FlickOut.com. They have a great HD version of the trailer and more discussion on the film.

Cheers,
Bart

Anonymous said...

I'm a grown man in his 50's and this movie had me nearly crying out loud verbally. I could not contain my tears. In fact, for the past 28 years my favorite movie was Somewhere In Time, with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. But now, I have a new all time favorite. Fireproof. Kirk Cameron performed the best acting I've ever seen in a movie. If a 2 hour movie can cause you to walk away a different person than when you entered the theatre, then you know it has to be something special. I've never felt such deep emotions from any movie in my life. Great job Kirk!

Bob Ellis said...

Yes, Anonymous, I have to admit I was having problems with leaky eyes, especially in those powerful scenes near the end of the movie--didn't seem at all like acting.

I could hear considerable sniffling around me in the packed theater, so I think others had the same "problem." One of the elders at my church today--a wealthy and influential businessman--said he was moved to tears, too.

It was a great show. I hope everyone will try to see this movie!

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics