Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An Abortionist Begins to See the Humanity of His Victims

Pastor Steve at Voices Carry talks about the testimony from CNS News of former abortionist Dr. Anthony Levatino who lost his daughter to a traffic accident.

Through the tragedy of this loss, Levatino apparently started taking a closer look at things in his life:

“What do you do after a tragedy? You mourn for a while and you try to get back into your routine. I don’t know how long after her death I had to do my first D&E abortion. I remember reaching in and literally ripping out an arm or a leg and looking at it in the clamp and I got sick. When you start an abortion you can’t stop. If you leave anything behind, you [can] bet your patient is going to come back infected, bleeding or worse.

“I soldiered on and I finished that abortion.”

But, Levatino said, something had changed.

“For the first time in my life I really looked at that pile of goo at the side of the table, and all of a sudden I didn’t see her wonderful right to choose, and I didn’t see the $600 wad of cash that I made in 15 minutes, and I couldn’t think about what a great doctor I was because I took care of her problem. All I could see was somebody’s son or daughter.”

For people who have been living a life of sin, evil and wrong, and have left that life, there is usually a moment of mental, emotional and moral clarity which comes like a freight train and hits like one (and believe me, I've been in the path of that train).

It sounds as if Levatino met that train, and it forever changed him.

Thank God I was never a party to aborting one of my children back when I was promiscuous (didn't have any then, also thanks to God's mercy), but I gave hearty approval to those who did abort their children, and a few that I knew personally.

And while that train I mentioned that hit me was primarily carrying the freight of my drunken, foul-mouthed, promiscuous lifestyle, some time after that came the smaller train of realization that I had been wrong for giving approval to abortion. That train was smaller because my complicity was less than the other one, but it hit hard nevertheless.

I realized that the Bible really does affirm life at all stages of development, and condemns the taking of that life.

I realized that science also points to the humanity and the life of the unborn child.

When the Bible and science both agree (which they usually do), a person has a choice: you can ignore the truth and keep embracing the lie, or you can admit you were wrong and allow your heart and mind to change.

Somewhat like Levatino, where I once only saw a morally neutral "choice," I now understood the life of a human being hung in the balance--and was being ended in an abortion.

One thing about these "trains" of clarity, though: yes, they hurt when they hit...but unlike a real train, they leave you in better shape afterward. For the first time, you can see things clearly. For the first time, you're free of the burden of a lie.

The reason I talk about abortion so much, beside the fact that it is one of the most important issues of our day, is because I know what it's like to be on the pro-abortion side...and now I know how wrong that is. The very least I can do now is try and counter the message I once gave.

Also, I was lied to and misled by the "mainstream" media and other liberals, and I let my complacency keep me prisoner to that lie until I took the initiative--at a friend's prodding--to investigate the matter for myself.

I hope to help other people who are willing to examine the truth get the information they need to break free of that lie.

Everyone deserves to live free of lies...and unborn human beings deserve to keep the life that God gave them.


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics