Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Arthur C. Clark Dead at 90

According to the Times Online, science fiction author Arthur C. Clark has died at age 90. He died of what the article calls a "cardio-respiratory attack."

Clark was one of the pioneers of science fiction. He wrote over 100 books, including perhaps his most famous which was made into a classic movie "2001: A Space Odyssey" by Stanley Kubrick.

The piece says he was sometimes known as one of the "Big Three" of sci-fi, alongside Robert A. Heinlein and Isaac Asimov.

I grew up reading everything I could get my hands on by these three incredible writers. They shaped my imagination, and there will probably never be science fiction again the way these grand masters wrote it.


3 comments:

Jen said...

I too grew up reading the sci-fi classics. My love of science same from these guys. One note though. 2001: A Space Odyssey was a movie before the book was written. Clark worked in collaboration with Kubrik on the movie then he wrote the book.

Bob Ellis said...

Thanks, theautumnsnow. I was an infant when the movie came out and in grade school when I saw it and read the book, so I never looked close enough to know the difference.

Unknown said...

Along with Ray Bradbury and Robert A. Heinlein and a few others these guys invented SciFi. I still enjoy read their stories 30 years after I was introduced to them.

Rest well and thank you for sharing your imagination.

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics