Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The Waiting Game

The National Center for Policy Analysis has an interesting post on the state of socialized medicine:

The Vancouver-based Fraser Institute's "Waiting Your Turn" annual report has documented Canada's waiting-time crisis in health care for 15 years. In 2005 it found "total waiting time between referral from a general practitioner and treatment, averaged across all 12 specialties and 10 provinces, was 17.7 weeks."

Once when I lived in England, I got food poisoning. I had to wait something on the order of 2-3 hours in the waiting room before I got to see a doctor (which was actually pretty fast, for the NHS). Fortunately (?), I'd already yakked my guts out and no longer had anything harmful in my stomach by that time.

Our current medical system is a LONG way from perfect, but if you want to go from bad to worst, then go for socialized medicine...if you live long enough.


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics