Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Obama on Iraq: Change That Works For Him



Video Script:
Obama: My assessment is that the surge has not worked.
Obama: I would end this war, and I would have our troops out within 16 months.
Obama: I will immediately begin to remove our troops.
Murtha: I think the surge is working.
Lieberman: The surge is working.
Clinton: We've begun to change tactics in Iraq, and in some areas, particularly in Al Anbar Province, it's working.
Gibbs: The security situation has improved, much as everybody admitted it would if we put more troops on the ground.
Axelrod: I mean, he never disputed the fact that if you throw a surge of American soldiers in an area that you can make a difference.
Obama: I am not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is gonna solve the sectarian violence there. In fact, I think it will do the reverse.
Reporter: You did not refer to the 16 month timetable. Does that mean you can tell us today that you will not change the 16 month timetable?
Obama: (smiles and breathes) Uh... I... (scratches head)


1 comments:

falterer said...

This was Obama's actual response to that last question:

"Here's what I can tell you: that I will bring our troops out at a pace of one to two brigades per month. And at that pace we will have our combat troops out in 16 months. That is what I intend to do as president of the United States."

You can read the transcript of the conversation here if you don't believe me. Obama's 16-month withdrawal plan may or may not be reasonable, but this film uses deceitful editing to give the false appearance that he wavers on the issue.

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics