Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Baseball Sized Hail in Hill City

The Rapid City Journal says they had golf ball to baseball-sized hail around the Black Hills yesterday. As I looked out my window at the Hills (I have a great view), I could see it was getting nasty. Fortunately, all we got at my location was some heavy rain.

Not so fortunate for Kym Gerrells from Casper, WY who was in Hill City for a day trip. Her new 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer she bought three weeks ago was hit hard by the hail:

"I can't believe my luck," she said disgustedly as she surveyed the damage to her car.

The damage to Gerrells' car was so severe she had to have it towed back to Rapid City for repair and rent a car to get back to Casper.

Here's a clip from the dead tree edition showing some of the hail, with a quarter in the upper part of the person's hand for comparison.


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics