Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Rapid City Cracker Barrel Coverage

I'll have more on the main Dakota Voice website later today after I've written everything up, but there was an interesting exchange at the cracker barrel today when local businessman and pro-family advocate Bob Fischer asked Senator Tom Katus about (1) his vote on the expulsion of Senator Dan Sutton, (2) why Katus' submitted a bill to repeal the death penalty for "brutal murderers," and (3) if Katus would support protecting innocent human life in the womb.

Without letting too much of the cat out of the bag until my writeup is done, Katus' answer on the death penalty repeal involved the fact that he has different ideas of "justice," citing some African and Native American examples of "restorative justice" and the like.

"In terms of the so-called abortion bills..." Katus said he believed in adopting children, public school, preschool, and various social programs.

He then gave Fischer a brief but pointed statement that seemed to indicate that he was morally superior to Fischer because he (Katus) doesn't "judge" people.

Wow, I wish I'd realized a long time ago that in order to achieve the pinnacle of morality, all I had to do was become a cowardly slug when it comes to acknowledging right and wrong.

I've wasted so much of my life...


0 comments:

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics