Featured Article

The Gods of Liberalism Revisited

 

The lie hasn't changed, and we still fall for it as easily as ever.  But how can we escape the snare?

 

READ ABOUT IT...

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Why We Homeschool

A dozen schoolboys aged 6 to 8 years old will be charged for allegedly sexually assaulting a female classmate during recess and a teacher who was supposed to be supervising them has been fired, authorities said on Wednesday.

In the Friday incident, the boys surrounded the 8-year-old girl on the school playground and poked at her with their fingers while she fought to keep on her underwear, local media reports said.

And some Leftists claim to wonder why I won't send my children to public school. My daughter, and my son for that matter, are far too precious to risk having them savaged by the children of people who won't bother to teach their offspring right from wrong.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not all kids are that way. Where did this alleged incident occur? Most of the home schooled kids that I have known don't know how to get along in the real world, when they get out in it---because they don't have that much interaction with other people.

Dakota Voice said...

You obviously don't know many homeschooled kids. My oldest participates in Girl Scouts, AWANA, various homeschool field trips, and a number of other activities with children her age.

And she just got the results back from her required standardized test: high 90-percentile (most in the 98-99% range) on almost every area. She was anywhere from 2-7 grade levels above the norm on every subject area.

She not only knows how to get along in the real world--someday she's going to lead it.

Unknown said...

To anonymous,
I would venture to say, as Bob, you don't know many homeschooled children. They learn the correct social skills at home so that when they are in public, they know how to behave and get along with others. Most homeschoolers have more than one child and most that I know of are christians and have interaction with adults and other children as well. My nephew is currently in the public school system. He is being raised by my mother, his grandmother, because his father is deceased and his mother is not capable of taking care of him. He will be withdrawn from public school in June and I will be homeschooling him with my 3 children. There have been many incidents leading up to this decision. They don't want you raising your child ("we're concerned about how you will handle it"). They want to show you how they think you should do it. I say if God wanted you to show me how to raise my child, he would have allowed my child to be born to you.
Sorry, this was so long. Not happy at all with the public school system.

Dakota Voice
 
Clicky Web Analytics